What does it mean to transfer my membership in the Junior League?
One of the benefits of membership in the Junior League is that your membership has transferability. The Junior League of Indianapolis is one of over 200 Leagues, with over 155,000 members in the United States, Canada, Mexico, and the United Kingdom. The Association of Junior Leagues International Inc. (AJLI) unites all Junior Leagues.
Any Provisional, Active or Sustaining member of the Junior League has the privilege of transferring their membership from one Junior League to another. Any member who transfers to another Junior League will be granted the same membership status in the receiving Junior League as the member had in the transferring league. Members may only transfer in a classification recognized by the Association.
How do I transfer my membership to the Junior League of Indianapolis?
The steps for transferring your membership to the Junior League of Indianapolis are listed below:
• Notify your current League of your desire to transfer to JLI.
• Your current League will initiate the transfer process with AJLI.
• The Junior League of Indianapolis will accept your transfer through AJLI and send you an email notifying you of any dues owed and the transfer fee of $25.00. JLI follows the AJLI dues procedure for transferring members, which may be found here.
• The Transfer Committee Chair of the Junior League of Indianapolis will then contact you to let you know about transfer activities, requirements and placement opportunities, and to welcome you to the Junior League of Indianapolis!
How do I transfer my membership from the Junior League of Indianapolis to another league?
The steps for transferring your membership to another Junior League from Indianapolis are listed below:
• Complete the Transfer Form in the JLI Member Portal.
• The Junior League of Indianapolis will then notify AJLI of your intentions to transfer to the league of your choice. AJLI will process your transfer.
• Your new League will send you an email confirming the transfer. Every League is different; the new League may charge a transfer fee and depending on the time of year you may be required to pay additional dues.